21 April 2009

Lawnmowers

Snow has melted and things dried out enough to get the pregnant ewes out and give them their spring dewormer. Afterwards as a treat they got to be lawnmowers around the guest house and shop.


I sat out under the shop porch and read the mail and watched. They spent a lot of time wandering around and often they get into trouble so someone needs to be there when they are out in that area.


They certainly enjoyed the fresh grass. My tulips are up but not flowering. They left the tulip leaves alone. Last year they ate the flowers so once I've got buds I don't think they can be out in this area.

They go out on the main pastures this week. Lambing technically due as early as 22 April but more likely 27 April.

2 comments:

  1. Great photos and I have been reading some of your older posts too . A shearer called Eifion ? good Welsh name there :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eifion Morgan is our shearer, he lives in Talybont on Usk.

    ReplyDelete