08 December 2007

Duct Tape Double


OKI've been shamed into it by Kass here. I too got to spend part of a weekend, actually last weekend, being wrapped in duct tape. Red Green would be proud!

Ken got the hanger attached to the fabric tube for a stand this afternoon. I'm planning on starting stuffing this afternoon or tomorrow.

I hope to have it finished by the middle of the week so I can start making some clothes now that it's winter and my time to do inside stuff.

First up will be a 15th Century Kirtle based on this pattern.

Then I'm planing a test run of a cloak out of a brown wool I have before finally cutting and making my Black Welsh cloak from my hand woven material from our sheep's wool.

I'm also planning on doing a duct tape double of my lower leg for sizing some cloth hose.

2 comments:

  1. What a _great_ idea to do a duct tape double for lower legs for hose! I've been wanting to make some, but the self-fitting defeats me. I'm hoping to do a DDD for fitting and hemming costumes too, I've put it off for years thinking "No, really, I'll lose some more weight..." and also thinking "Do I really want to see what I look like to others?..."

    (Came here after seeing your profile on Rav, and remembering your signature from ... Fibernet, maybe? Or an SCA list from a while back?
    The details are fuzzy. :-)
    Lori B/Elfreda
    Portland, OR

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been on several SCA lists and also on some fiber nets in the past so it might have been any of them. I need to do a new DTD though, this one ended up stuffed to tight to use it to fit a corset!

    ReplyDelete